Tuesday, February 12, 2013

~~Creating My Woman Cave~~

Are you like me, when there is chaos, disorder, and clutter, your mood becomes chaotic, disorderly and just all around grouchy?
What a mess!

And then when everything is organized, looking pretty and especially when your windows shine...(THANKS to my mom and Tim who cleaned and shined up some windows for me on Sunday ) you/I become a much pleasant person...Right, Tim? :)
















 Yesterday I finished painting the walls and ceiling in my craft room. I still have the trim to paint yet and I need to get some new curtains but I am so happy with the way it looks so far....still have a lot to do but I am getting there.




 I wish I would have a before picture, the walls AND ceiling had a bright red floral wallpaper! We still have the red carpet and someday we will replace it but for now I can live with that...I couldn't live with that wallpaper!



Now to get my craft table organized so I can sit there and create...not only does my mood change but my creative juices start to flow when the area where I create is a pretty, organized place...my Happy Place...My WOMAN CAVE! 

9 comments:

Tonia said...

I feel the same way...except i don't have a craft room..i have a craft corner...and it is soooo hard to keep it tidy!!

sherry kissner said...

I love organized and clean but unfortunately my woman cave is also the home office and Katie's playroom. Unless you consider the woman cave the laundry room...how depressing!

Patti said...

Tonia, I am hoping I can keep it tidy...we will see! Thanks for stopping by my blog.. I hope you have a great day!
Patti

Thistle Cove Farm said...

dang. and I've been blaming it on the weather.
sigh.
no excuses now.

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

I need to unbury my sewing table today. The worst part is, we had to stuff it into a corner of our bedroom to make room for our youngest child (she stole my sewing area!) and now the mess haunts me while I am trying to sleep. UGH! I am thinking about just covering it with a big curtain. :)

Your craft room looks great! I totally understand about the wallpaper. Last year I couldn't take it anymore and ripped the seashell wallpaper off of my kitchen walls. :)

Mary Ann said...

I love your cave, Patti... and I love that poster of Lillian Leitzel on your wall... how great! The colors all go together so well!

Angie Berry said...

I'm with you girl... gotta be nice and orderly or I can't function. Sometimes that's not a good thing though. If I had a beautiful spot like you, I would never leave the room!! Looking great, love your woman cave Patti!

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

I am the type of person who can't relax until things are cleaned up...and I am always painting something...nothing cleans and freshens like new paint. New paint makes me happy!

Margaret said...

Looking good! I'm the same way. I have to have it in order before I do anything. Mess makes me crabby! Maggie