Friday, September 11, 2009

UPDATE...Pumpkins and Soup and more Pumpkins!

Well Some new goodies arrived after I did this post...SO I have to share with you what is new at The Brickhouse. We have a lot of great artists that create items for our Shop...one of them is our good friend, Beryl. Her creations arrived so if you are in our area..you have to stop by and see these wonderful goodies! This Pumpkin man is so neat..

Some more of Beryl's crafts..Love the Turkey and the Pumpkins are amazing...and check out the acorn bowl fillers!

Fall is arriving in our neck of the woods. Late yesterday afternoon after we closed The Shop, Tim and I were enjoying some Porch Sitting. We looked across to the cornfield and noticed how the corn is starting to turn brown. Then past the cornfield we looked up to the mountain and the trees are starting to change from green to yellow and red. Oh, I do love this time of year! Yesterday was a cool day and I spent most of the day in the kitchen. When our Shop is open that is where you can find me. It is so easy to see when our customers arrive at The Shop....so I try to find things to do in the kitchen. Most of the time I am sitting at the kitchen table painting signs and other goodies for the Shop. I am always apologizing to our customers for the way I look...paint stained tee shirt and jeans....when I am dressed up and out in the community and I run into a customer..I am sure they don't recognize me..they are not used to seeing me "cleaned up". Yesterday I was not covered with paint stains but chicken broth stains...I made a BIG pot of homemade Chicken Corn Noodle Soup... Tim was busy in his workshop yesterday. He put together the pumpkin boxes after I painted and stained them...I love these...one of these days I need him to make one for me!

These are lighted pumpkin boxes. There is a clip light on the back of the pumpkin and they look so nice when lighted.

We had some special visitors in our Shop the other day. Two very special little boys came to visit..my great~nephews, Dillon and his little brother, Hunter. Dillon loves to get behind the counter and wait on our customers!

Uncle Tim holding Hunter..Hunter wearing Tim's hat!

Very rainy day here today..good day to eat some soup and paint and stain some signs. We are expecting some goodies from our good friend, Beryl. She has been busy making lots of Fall goodies for our Shop...I have a feeling the box may arrive today and when it does I will be taking pictures to share with all of you..I know once I put them in the Shop they will be gone in a flash. I already had a customer ask me to call her when the goodies arrive! I just love our customers and our crafters!

Thanks for stopping by our Porch and if you are in our neck of the woods please stop by The Brickhouse and say hi and see what is new....and don't be surprised if you see me with paint stains on my shirt!

~~Patti~~







8 comments:

tarrah said...

Oh, that soup does look YUM-O! I need to make some soup soon too, but your right...today is a great day for homemade soup. I need to stop down there and take a look at all these new goods! ;)

Carmen S. said...

Love the pumpkins and your lil' helpers are adorable!!!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Patti, oh that soup sounds yummy! I'm the same way at work, always seems to have paint stains or something on my shirt! Those pumpkin boxes are great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend (and a busy one too), Dawn

Mamaws Creations said...

Love the pumpkin boxes! and your little nephew is darling!!

TeresaM said...

Hi Patti!!! Your soup looks soooooooooo good!!!

What cute little helpers you have there!

I love the bear and crock picture!!!

I will see you next week! My MIL isn't coming down this week but I will still deliver your things!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Patti, can you PLEASE share the soup recipe when you get a chance? It looks amazing!!

Love all the new additions to the shop. Sure wish I could make it there in an afternoon!!

What cute visitors you had!!

bspinner said...

Plans are always changing and after PT I had to run to Harrisburg so I didn't get over to the shop. I've got my fingers crossed for this coming weekend.

I can't wait to see all your fall things. My favorite time of the years. We had a flock of geese flying over today. Fall is just around the corner.

lillie mae acres said...

Oh, the pumpkin man is adorable. I like the lg. pumpkins too. Your whole blog is so enjoyable and inviting.